Windows Administrator (MS Exchange) – Operations – 13900
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your rÃ©sumÃ©/CV, click on the 'Submit your RÃ©sumÃ©/CV to this Job' button.
Job TitleWindows Administrator (MS Exchange) – Operations
Category Information Technology
Requisition # 13900
Location US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78754, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
We are looking for Windows System Administrators for immediate opportunities supporting projects within our Cloud Operations – Email & Apps team. This position is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. A System Administrator is the owner of complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve. Opportunities available for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. These positions will support Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007 (building, monitoring, and maintaining), including Active Directory, Sharepoint, and other related systems.
- Configuration of Window 2003/2008 servers to meet customer requirements; may include Exchange, Active Directory, OS, IIS, SQL, and other applications Controls call flow for the support team
- Monitors alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests via the ticket system
- Escalates support requests (phone/ticket) according to escalation procedures
- Schedules and coordinates level-appropriate maintenance
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, and TCP/IP
- General knowledge of DNS. General knowledge of Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Windows system tools
- Continually expands knowledge in the areas of new developments and trends; may make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments
MCP certification preferred
- Requires 4 – 10 years experience in Windows systems administration or related field
- Must have general knowledge of DNS, Firmware, Hardware, Package Management, Basic Shell scripting, and Web Scripting
- Basic Knowledge/Familiarity with Auth/Directory Services, Backups, Patching, RAID, SSL Certs, Storage, System Optimization, Web Servers, Caching, CDN, Certifications, Exchange, FTP, Firmware, HTML, SharePoint, Load Balancing, and Security concepts required
- Knowledge of CDN, Certifications, HTML, OX/DISTR, and System Design a plus
- Able to touch type 50 – 60 wpm
- Good ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels
- Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow through techniques
- General problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills; bi-lingual skills is a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in the Rackspace environment or equivalent FANATICAL customer support work place
- Due to the 24×7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical SupportÂ®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Apply To Job
View full post on Wired Jobs
View full post on National Cyber Security